Monday, May 24, 2010

Life as usual to report around here. I'm shaking things up a bit, though, by attempting some potty training. Today, I put Ethan in underwear. He peed his pants twice and didn't go on the potty at all. I'm still considering today somewhat victorious, though, only because he didn't fight me on the underwear. The last few times I've tried to tell him he's going to wear underwear, he has not been happy. And, lately, when we promise M&Ms for going on the potty, he's told us that he does not want M&Ms. Today, when I said he could have some for going on the potty, he said, "Okay, I'll go in a few minutes." (He didn't.) It's not going to be easy, but I would like to get it done before the summer is over. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My son is very stubborn.

Here are the pictures from our trip to Indy, Eleanor's Christening, and a few others.

This was our first stop on the way to Indy. It was freezing, so while Will and Ethan had a "picnic" in the parking lot, Eleanor and I stayed in the van. She wanted to check out the passenger seat.
Ethan loves to have a picnic. We eat very few means in the house these days.
Here's a 4 generation pic at brunch on Mother's Day.
Hello world!
She's always so happy to see me in the morning. I love it.
I wanted to document the making of the gravy for Eleanor's party. There were over 50 homemade meatballs and even more sausage, so my mom brought over her biggest pot.
Guess who?
Brian: The Godfather
The Godparents
Of course, Eleanor was very good throughout the whole ceremony.
The illusion.
The reality.
Favorite part of this picture: Ethan sneaking through the bushes.

G-parents

Mom made the cake - hardest part seemed to be fitting Eleanor's long name.
Eleanor partied hard.

These are p.j.'s a good friend gave us. They're clearly for Christmas but won't fit then, so I've been putting Eleanor in them lately. I think they're so cute.


This isn't the best picture, but here is Eleanor's happy face in the morning.

1 comment:

Susie O'Rourke said...

Loved seeing all of the pictures...especially the illusion vs. reality pics. Cracked me up.