Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ice Cream I Scream

I have a problem. I love ice cream. I want it all the time, and it's bad. Not the ice cream, the fact that I want it all the time, of course. Being three plus months postpartum, I am just about down to my pre-Ethan weight. But while I'm almost back to my previous weight, I am not back to my previous shape, as evidenced by my many pairs of pants that just do not fit. Now, I realize that my body has changed and I may never fit back into those pants, but that doesn't change the fact that I would like to tone up a bit. This brings me back to ice cream. I can't tone up if I am always eating ice cream! A couple of weeks ago, I had some ice cream in the house and decided just to eat it up quickly in order to get it out of the house. Makes sense, right? I had to take one for the team and eat it all up! Well, once it was out of the house, I wanted it again. So one day I went to Coldstone with a friend and had a delectable concoction of ice cream, bananas, caramel, and nuts. I'm salivating just thinking about it. Then, while grocery shopping on Monday, I decided I would get some ice cream so that I wasn't always craving it. I figured, why not let myself have a little every day. As long as I'm working out, that shouldn't be a big deal. Plus, as everyone likes to tell me, I'm nursing and those pounds should just melt off. Wrong. You see, the tragic flaw in my little bit a day theory is one word: little. Who has a little bit of ice cream? Have you ever tried to have the recommended serving of ice cream? My sister has; it's not pretty. The recommended serving is pretty much a thimbleful. When I dish up a bowl, I probably have more like 3-4 servings. And yesterday I had two of those "little" bowls. The second one was while watching people weigh in on The Biggest Loser. Let's talk about irony. In my defense, I did some squats and leg lifts while eating the ice cream to assuage some of my tasty treat guilt. No joke. There's really no solution. I'm going to go make some chocolate chip cookies. Wouldn't those go great with a little bowl of ice cream? :)

3 comments:

Sarah H said...

I hear ya girlfriend!!

Susie O'Rourke said...

You make me laugh. From someone that has even more of a reason to avoid ice cream and weighs a lot more than you...eat up!

T. Fear said...

I love this Michelle-thanks for inviting me in!

As your former pregnancy eating buddy (the non-pregnant person in that twosome!) you've got me worried already...I can't imagine how much I'll want ice cream!!! I agree with Susie--eat up girl!